on 21/04/05 06:52, James Sanderson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How do you unlock a folder that is ensconced on the desktop?  I've
> already tried the Get Info route; the option for unlocking the file is
> greyed out.  Is there a way to unlock it in terminal?  Or do I log into
> root? If so, how?  When I tried to trash the folder am told that I
> don't have enough privileges even though I am the administrator for the
> computer.   If I try to add  to it, I am prompted for my password and
> the folder seems to be opened but when I drag to it I am told again
> that I don't have the privileges.
>
> J Sanderson
>
> Die Haut der Braut ist Sauerkraut.--German rhyme

Did you check the "Owner & Permissions" section in the Info window? You can
try to change the owner there, apply the changes to all enclosed items. Did
you try that?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.