On April 25th, Ian Moffatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've just had an email from work telling me I've been accepted as a test
driver for a BT Voyager 2110 router

As you may have guessed this has wireless and wired connections

I need a wireless card for a Pismo (for the trial they can only supply card=
for wintel types)

I currently hang my Pismo, a 266 G3 and a Rev C iMac from a Netgear RP614
wired router but as the trial will let me keep the wireless one, I can feel
some mobility coming on!

Anyone any experience of the said router? Recommendations for cards?

TIA

Ian

Ian,

What card did they provide? It's possible that there may be a Mac driver for it.

Otherwise, there are plenty of cards that work for the Pismo and are not too expensive. Wireless is great! You will wonder how you did without it for so long. Being able to sit anywhere in the house and access the net and print is a nice luxury. Plus all of the Starbucks, etc.

If you can afford it, and the card they gave you really won't work, then an internal airport card is a nice option. Nothing sticking out the side or worrying about misplacing. Only 802.11b instead of g but plenty enough speed for me. Maybe someone who has tried both on a Pismo can tell us if the speed difference is noticeable.

I believe Apple has stopped making the original Airport card (a Pismo can't use an Airport Extreme). But Ebay and others still offer it. I know the price went up for awhile, but I think it is fairly reasonable (as in close to the original price) now.

Dan-