Hello Zoltan,

On 4-May-05, at 8:49 AM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:

Hello all,

I've been hearing a lot lately about Tiger this and Tiger that. . .doesn't anyone wait anymore? I mean, there's bound to be bugs in huge upgrades. . .history has taught me that.

Some people choose to wait, some don't. I have been using Macs for more than 15 years now and I have to say that this was by far the smoothest OS upgrade process I have ever had. However, I certainly understand what you are saying - historically, there have been some problems with new OS software. BUT - they were ironed out and I think the majority of people have been pretty content with the upgrades overall in the past 2-3 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that people these days just can't wait to run down to the Apple Store to pop in the latest and greatest only to find themselves slowed down by piles of BUGS. No thanks. . .I'm happy right now with 10.3.9. :)

Of course, it is always a choice as to whether you buy new, major upgrade software within the first few days of release but sometimes you have to take calculated risks and this was one that I felt worth taking.

There were so many cool new features in Tiger that I personally did not want to wait. The time savings and integration between programs seemed very impressive from what I had read and they have definitely proven to be so in the last few days that I have had Tiger installed. It seems to be a fantastic upgrade thus far !

Amber

  • ... Brian
    • ... Bruce Johnson
      • ... Keith Johnson