Hello Zoltan,

On 7-May-05, at 7:49 AM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:

Hello All,

I wanted to thank everyone who joined in on this thread. I was speaking from the heart and it might not have needed to be so important, but I'm just tired of upgrades folks. Yea Tiger sounds cool this and cool that, but it just seems that once I FINALLY get comfortable with my damn computer, Apple is racing the clock to make it obsolete.

I understand what you are saying here but Apple has really strived to support older systems while continuing to provide upgrades to the rest of their customer base. Look at how long they have supported OS 9 !

They have to continue to move forward but it doesn't mean you have to. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade to Tiger. I am sure you could use Panther for another couple of years and you'd still be fine.

I highly doubt Apple will stick with Tiger for another 2-3 years and I can't see them backtracking to try and revive the Newton either.

I am excited by all the upgrades - but that's because I find them increasing my efficiency and making normally tedious task much easier (i.e Automator, new e-mail photo functions, integrating iPhoto, iDVD and iTunes, etc).

Anyway, as I said, I do understand and appreciate your concerns but you have to realize that they are not shared universally. While many want to hold off on upgrades, many others want the improved OS for a variety of reasons.

Amber