>Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 20:41:11 -0400
>Subject: How to connect WS II (OS 9.2.2) wirelessly to dial-up using.
>From: Stanton Mitrany <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>Hi, Friends,
>
>I'm hoping to connect my Wallstreet II 233 MHz running OS 9.2.2, to the
>internet via dialup (Earthlink) using a Belkin 802.11b Network Interface
>Card in one of the PCMCIA slots. It's called a Wireless Notebook Network
>Card, Model number F5D6020.

Snip

>Thanks for your patience with this complicated request. I couldn't figure
>any way to make it simpler. . .
>

>All the best,
>stanton

Hello. I hope this info helps. Sorry it took so long to reply.

First, your Belkin card is not compatible with the Wallstreet running OS
9.2.2. You could use some commercial drivers from Macsense or IOXperts, but
they are not free. They have a 10 to 30 minute free trial you can try.

You could get a card that will work with the Airport drivers in OS 9.2.2,
however, you will probably have better luck with the Orinoco drivers when
trying to talk to the Lucent Base Station. An Airport compatible card can
use either the Airport or Orinoco drivers.

Because you have a Lucent base station, what you need is one of the
Orinoco/Lucent third party (or original Lucent /Orinoco) cards with the
Orinoco v7.2 drivers. Having a matched  wireless card and base station,
will make setting up WEP easier.

Links for all your software, compatable cards, as well as links for help in
setting up the wireless network can be found on my FAQ page.

Ken Vann