I use my Pismo G4 with an internal super drive USB hub external keyboard
monitor and mouse, I turn the internal display off with the laptop opened @
a 45 degree angle for better airport range and cooling. I connect to the net
with the powerbook and do an adhoc to share the connection with my  ***dows
box, I do real estate and have to run internet explorer 6 to access
listings, I use virtual pc sometimes put it is painfully slow, I also have
an older HP all in one that doesn't have OSX drivers. 17" monitor at
1024x768 is perfect for me.

Kevin

On 5/23/05 1:50 PM, "Steve Fuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I love how the PowerBook works with the extended display and have
>> been surprised at how cool it's been running with it... seemingly,
>> cooler than using the PowerBook alone, though I can't imagine why
>> that is, unless it's been my lap and not the machine generating the
>> heat all this time  :-/ ...  I plan to run an external Firewire DVD-
>> RW (the PB has a combo drive) and an external USB2 hard drive for
>> storage of customer jobs, and have extended AppleCare ...
>>
>> If anyone here is using a PowerBook like this, I'd love to hear how
>> it's working for you and any problems or surprises you've
>> encountered.  Are you using USB or Firewire hubs? External drives?
>
> I';ve been using my 17" PB like this for 2 years now, using it as a
> replacement for a P4 PC running windows. I personally use a firewire
> hub and a usb hub to minimize the cable clutter, and because I had
> some minor issues with device chaining (I had an external DVD-RW
> drive, Isight, and 3 external firewire hard drives, plus an ipod all
> hooked up at once). It's worked out quite well for me. I have a small
> stand that my powerbook goes on. I leave the long wall cable plugged
> in, and attach / detach the AC brick from that as needed when I move
> the powerbook around. I don't use an external monitor with mine, but
> that would certainly be an option that would work well.
>
> Biggest issues for me were finding a comfortable height/distance for
> the PB, and getting the cables ran so that my desk was not cluttered
> with them. Other than that, it's worked out well for the last two
> years. My PB travels to / from work with me every day so I'm hooking/
> unkooking cables a lot, but it's basically 3 cables (firewire, USB,
> and power) that get plugged or unplugged.
>
> Steve Fuller

Kevin Bellerose  . Sales Agent Town & Country Realtors [ p.  800 .750 .5611
f.  207 .862 .5311 e.   [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]