Shoot, I mistyped-I meant to type "photon". There is radioactive photon
waves shooting out of the electron guns. The lead is embedded in the glass
to protect you from the photons. Any magnetic field is radioactive. CRTs
also have lead in the soldering, the capacitors, and often lead is sprayed
on the boards as a fire retardant.

LCDs have there own issues, one being the mercury contained in the
backlight.
raino