My Fellow PowerBook-philes,

In Georgia we'd revolt against such concepts. There would be lawsuits and legislation overturning such "requirements."

Firstly, unless it is itemized as part of the overall required tuition we'd have activists, both liberal and conservative, having a field day with the "hidden and discriminatory costs of attending."

Secondly, since it is a public instituion, this institution is to be held to higher standards of equality, fairness and liberty. There would be howls from, once again, both liberals and conservatives about the inability of students to "choose" and the violations of liberty forced upon these students and their families.

The only way this would fly is if these computers were not only itemized as, specifically, a part of the actual tuittion (the required tuition to attend) AND they were subsidized.

I think the citizenry of Minnesota might need to begin letting their feelings be known on the matter.

I'm disapointed in Minnesota. The home of the best Public Radio programs yet they ignore some basic and fundamental freedoms of the right to make your own decisions.

Still, I imagine they likely had high-speed internet for all students before the University of Georgia was able to do so. (I think we got it in ... 2000?) At least we have an extensive wireless cloud.

Sincerely,
Pacer the Loon
"Liberty over all!"

themacuser wrote:

Mabye we should get the addresses of these institutions, and if each one of us sent them an email complaining, their email server would be completely flooded into the ground.