At 03:07 PM -0700 06/13/2005, Bruce Johnson wrote:

There's an article discussing this on Forbes' site today:

<http://www.forbes.com/technology/2005/06/13/apple-intel-branding_cx_ah_0610apple.html>

They point out that Apple has a higher brand recognition than Intel does, that Intel may be getting more attention from their association with Apple than vice-versa.

I really don't think that we're going to be seeing 'Intel Inside' stickers anytime soon.

I'd forgotten that bit about Intel paying for advertizing. Given Apple's inability to do good ads ... I wouldn't mind 'Intel Inside' logos.

Image: An apple logo, with a small 'intel inside' on it, laying out in a beach chair, getting a suntan with the Blue Man Group. Meanwhile sharkish windoze logos are chasing people out of the bloody water.

But the 'looking like race cars' thing makes me chuckle. I see more Windows laptops come through with ALL the myriad of stickers they have plastered all over them when they're sold. It's as if people think the mattress tag police have a laptop division...

My current desktop is a PM 7300. It was once part of a grid, in the Physics Dept of UC.Berkley! (the grid is currently XServes, used for simulations). It cleaned up nicely, after I got over the "sticker shock".

http://pcp02220027pcs.echryh01.nj.comcast.net/misc/uglymac.jpg

- Dan.