As a former Lombard owner I can empathize. It had a serious flaw on wake up
and was known as the "sleep of death". It would be worth it to send it to
Daystar - http://daystartechnology.com/ and upgrade. It solves your dvd
problem and gives you the altivec engine. Then you'll never have these
problems. (I was never able to get Panther on my Lombard -got a kernel
panic) I plan on upgrading.

There is also a person named Chuck Wright on e.Bay who specializes in
Lombards and has scads of parts. I bought a logic board from him and was
very satisfied with his handling of the sale.

He also turned me on to a website that has the service manual for the
Lombard (it's in pdf format)

 http://www.whoopis.com/computer_repair/PowerBook_G3_Series_Bronze_kbd.pdf

Happy sailing, (I really like the old Lomby)

BTW, I also remember it being picky about memory ups.

Mike Amato

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]