on 19/06/05 15:51, Andre Balogh at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2005, at 18:44, G-Books wrote:
>

>> Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:49:19 -0400
>> From: Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Subject: Re: Automatic Network Connection.
>>>

>> Have you checked on MacOSXHints.com to see if you can find the hint
>> that
>> someone posted there to fix this problem? I did mention it a few
>> times now
>> but it seems that my messages have gone unnoticed...
>>
>> If you can't find it or apply it, then I'm afraid you'll have to
>> perform
>> another installation, this time a clean one, after saving your home
>> directories.
>>
>> -Laurent.
>
> Yes Laurent I looked them up, tried them but no joy. Now I must
> decide what to do. Have  about 35 GB on my HD and think a clean
> install ( first saving Home Directories ) will mean a lot of work. I
> am inclined to wait sometime, maybe Apple will come with a proper
> solution.
>
> Many thanks for your support, greetings, Andre.

Andre,

I don't know how the problem is widespread but you might want to wait for
the next Tiger update, 10.4.2, which should come out real soon now...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

firebottle n.obs.: A large, primitive, power-hungry active electrical
device, similar in function to a FET but constructed out of glass, metal,
and vacuum. Characterized by high cost, low density, low reliability,
high-temperature operation, and high power dissipation. Sometimes mistakenly
called a `tube' in the U.S. or a `valve' in England; another hackish term is
glassfet.