On Jun 21, 2005, at 11:22 AM, simon goslin wrote:

the scenario:
graphic designer and cartographer (map maker) who wants to buy a new/second hand mac who's a bit confused over which one to buy... mac mini or powermac g4 (quicksilver)?

Close call. I'd say the QS as it has a faster hard drive, and expansion room. Plus you can stick a dual-head video card in it and run multiple monitors.

the final thought:
i'd love a powermac g5 but i have a life outside of design and would rather spend my cash on other things such as beer, women, food and surf trips.

Consider the iMac?

happy solstice pagan's!

Happy solstice pagan's WHAT?? Don't leave us hanging like that!

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'