Decided today to try to get a little more life out of
the old Wallstreet by putting in a new hd. I had a 30g
Hitachi i bought six months ago and stuck it in.
Holding down the C key I tried to boot to the 10.2
disk, but only got the flashing question mark. This
made no sense so I tried resetting pram, power
manager, tried an external keyboard, used a zip with
9.1 on it, and diskwarrior but no luck.

Thinking I must have damaged something, I took the new
drive out and replaced the old. It started up and I
was able to boot the 10.2 disk. Put the new drive in
an enclosure, hooked it up to my G4 and formatted and
partioned it. Back into the Wallstreet and the same
problem.

I have installed a number of drives over the years,
but this has me stumped. Its got to be something
simple I'm overlooking - a real forehead smacker.
Could someone please tell me what I'm missing here?