G-Books wrote:

I remember some of the previous discussion. At that time I was
also trying to decide what to do. I had over 5000 in iPhoto and many
more to come as I scan old slides and negatives.

John
When you organize scanned photos in iPhoto do they all show up as the date you scanned them? The program has no way of knowing when the photo was taken. My sister is starting in on a pile of family slides and was asking about what program to use.

I'm inclined towards Graphic Convertor <www.lemkesoft.de>.
It has a "browser" function that displays thumbnails of all the images in a folder. You can move, delete, rotate or rename in the browser window. If you open an image there are more editing functions than I can figure out. It's shareware, free to try.

I suppose I should poke around iPhoto and see if it has a similar "browser" function.
Does iPhoto offer much in the way of editing functions.
The couple of times I've opened iPhoto I've been put off by it's desire to take over the process but perhaps there's something in preferences that would allow me to browse existing folders.

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor