I've had my last three attempted replies to this list bounce. It says "Your message cannot be posted. It has the content-type: multipart/alternative, and this list accepts plain text only." I'm only doing a simple reply. I'm not pasting anything in. Is it a Tiger thing? (I just upgraded yesterday.) Anyway, I will write a new post, rather than doing a reply.

By way of reminder, I'm the one trying to save photos from iPhoto to CD, but iPhoto keeps filing them for me in folders that are numbered by year, then within the years by month, and then within the months by day.

To the two who suggested that I drag my photos to a CD and then burn the CD, or drag the photos to a folder, and burn that, I will tell you that I have tried to do that. However, my group of 1100+ photos is actually a compilation of photos taken by 7-8 families over the course of a basketball season. Everyone took their photos to Wal- Mart or Walgreens and then gave me the CD of their photos, and several times throughout the year as well. As a result, these photos often have duplicate numbering systems. So when I try to save them all at once, I am told that "a photo already exists with that name, and do I want to replace it?" I tried that once, and ended up with around 600 photos, so that means that about 500 of them are somehow duplicates.

My PC son says there's an automatic way to renumber into a consecutive series a group of photos, files, whatever, that are grouped into one folder. If I could do that, then I could burn all of these photos without using iPhoto to do it.

I am also experimenting with EasyShare, which is a free download from Kodak. However, I cannot figure out how to transfer, import, export, drag or drop the photos from iPhoto to EasyShare. EasyShare automatically found and imported about 80 photos that I had elsewhere on my hard drive, but there doesn't seem to be a "bridge" available to move the photos from iPhoto. (I have sent an email to their customer service asking this question as well, but it takes 24 hours...) A Mac friend suggested EasyShare because he likes to share photos with his Windows family members.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Claire