I saw a noticable improvement in speed on my Pismo as I upgraded drives from the original to the current 7200 rpm travelstar. At least one intermediate between the original and current, maybe more. You should see the same unless bus speed is a factor?
F.

    Would I see a noticeable difference in the 7200 vice the 5400 RPM drive?
This thing is already running very slow when compared to my G5 iMac.

    The iBook now has an IBM-DJSA-210 HD, according to System Profiler, and
when I looked it up online, I found that it runs at 4200RPM.  So, 5400 would
be an improvement; 7200 would be a vast improvement, no??