I opened iCal tonight and it said it would be reset from .mac. I didn't want that (and didn't know why it would want to do so), so I canceled out of it. I reopened it, and had (approximately?) 2x the number of calendars I should - and it died. I reopened, and I had (approximately?) 3x the number of calendars - and it died. The calendars had no names.

After a little more of this, I realized I wasn't getting anywhere, so I started deleting files. I wasn't getting anywhere, so I deleted everything with that showed up on a search on "ical," and all the .ics files, and restored iCal using Pacifist. I opened it, and the same thing happened - it died immediately, and on the 2nd opening had gobs of blank calendars (no 2x here, it went straight from "home" and "work" to gobs).

I searched on "ics" after going through the above (ical delete, reinstall, open) twice, and find I have 156 "corestorage.ics" files, whatever those are.

If restoring from the install disk doesn't work, I don't know what to do. My backup still has my Panther configuration, as I just did the Tiger install 2 weeks ago and wanted to be positive I hadn't lost anything before overwriting it. Took me 3 days to get my computer back to where it is, cleaning up after migration assistant & updating applications, and I don't want to have to do the whole install & update over again!

Any ideas??

Anne