on 06/09/05 01:52, Anne Judge at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I opened iCal tonight and it said it would be reset from .mac.  I
> didn't want that (and didn't know why it would want to do so), so I
> canceled out of it.  I reopened it, and had (approximately?) 2x the
> number of calendars I should - and it died.  I reopened, and I had
> (approximately?) 3x the number of calendars - and it died.  The
> calendars had no names.
>
> After a little more of this, I realized I wasn't getting anywhere, so
> I started deleting files.  I wasn't getting anywhere, so I deleted
> everything with that showed up on a search on "ical," and all
> the .ics files, and restored iCal using Pacifist.  I opened it, and
> the same thing happened - it died immediately, and on the 2nd opening
> had gobs of blank calendars (no 2x here, it went straight from "home"
> and "work" to gobs).
>
> I searched on "ics" after going through the above (ical delete,
> reinstall, open) twice, and find I have 156 "corestorage.ics" files,
> whatever those are.
>
> If restoring from the install disk doesn't work, I don't know what to
> do.  My backup still has my Panther configuration, as I just did the
> Tiger install 2 weeks ago and wanted to be positive I hadn't lost
> anything before overwriting it.  Took me 3 days to get my computer
> back to where it is, cleaning up after migration assistant & updating
> applications, and I don't want to have to do the whole install &
> update over again!
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Anne

Not sure if that can make a difference, but there is a background process
named "iCalAlarmScheduler" that runs. Maybe it keeps the calendars somehow?

Other than that, if you deleted all files associated with iCal, I can't see
what could be wrong...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

J. Random Hacker: /J rand'm hak'r/ n. [very common] A mythical figure like
the Unknown Soldier; the archetypal hacker nerd. This term is one of the
oldest in the jargon, apparently going back to MIT in the 1960s. See random,
Suzie COBOL. This may originally have been inspired by `J. Fred Muggs', a
show-biz chimpanzee whose name was a household word back in the early days
of TMRC, and was probably influenced by `J. Presper Eckert' (one of the
co-inventors of the electronic computer). See also Fred Foobar.