From: Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 12" Powerbook G4: an AppleCare and AppleStore assesment
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 14:31:10 -0700

On Oct 9, 2005, at 10:18 AM, Tobias Strohe wrote:

> Some general venting: If Apple wants to get out of their low market
> share they need to improve their service to what it used to be. Don't
> hire arrogant, half-wits as geniusses,

I'm guessing you haven't dealt with any other computer company's
support lately. With Dell you get the same nonsense, only it's in a
Bangalore accent.  Called in a system with an obviously broken HDD.
(making clunking noises, system boots up and says "No HD Found")

The tech kept trying to tell me to re-install Windows first.

I'm not defending Apple's actions here, but trust me, the grass isn't
at all greener on the other side of the fence. There's a reaosn
people throw away PCs rather than fix them. The only good service
I've ever gotten on the PC side is though Gateway, and then though
their corporate service only; I've dealt with their consumer stuff a
couple of times. Yeeeuch!

--
Bruce Johnson

Bruce,

I completely agree, I just was trying to say that I could get the same
crappy service from Sony (personal experience) and Dell (as I have
heard, confirmed by you.) It worries me however, because this can be
very dtrimental to our "favorite" computer manufacturer. I will draw
conclusions as suggested by David and definitely not shop at an Apple
store again, but what will a "switcher" do?

Thanks all for your responses, the Apple reseller is a great suggestion,
however they are not that easy to find these days thanks to Apple
driving them out of business (my old Apple reseller quit). I will try
Firewire mode as well ...

Tobias