I think that your problem will be the ram if you try just putting a stick of ram in the lower slot and then try to install again once installed then put back any other ram and away you go .

thats how i got 10.3 on the lombard i had.

And if you have access to a pismo then you can stick the drive in that and put Tiger on it then drop it back in the lombard.

vicki

My main concern at the present time is that I am unable to upgrade the OS beyond 10.2. Whenever I attempt to upgrade the powerbook screen goes wonky with two lines across the screen on the gray page with the apple logo and locks up. Does this have something perhaps to do with the video and video patch I've heard about for these machines. Also, I am unable
to get to the internet through my DSL modem and Linksys router. I am
able to connect using my internal modem. As far as the connecting to the
internet via my local lan I have no clue where to start in trouble
shooting this. My Pc, 1GHZ Sawtooth, and 450 MHZ B&W have no trouble
connecting. Thanks in advance for any and all help.
PS: Sorry for being longwinded
PSS: The PC is for the DSL modem only.