Strictly speaking, this isn't the right site for this question, I think. Authorization allows you to play tunes from the iTunes store. It has nothing with copying back and forth. The iPod and iTunes allows music syncing in one direction only. If you want to move tunes from the iPod to another computer, the most convenient way is to use a third party program. Go to your favorite download site and search on 'iPod' and look at the offerings. There are free and shareware titles to do what you want.

David