At 6:12 PM -0700 10/25/05, tessa lenore wrote:
hi,
i have in my possession for the last 2 months a
wallstreet. so far i can only do school related stuff.
i would like to be able to surf the internet with it
but airport cards for os 9 are very rare and
expensive. i was told by a friend that there are
alternatives. i don't know very much about the
wallstreet other than reviews i have read online.
people say that the 233 mhz model is very slow but
obviously they never lived with my father who liked to
(until recently) use the internet on his pentium
100... here is what my machine has:

http://static.flickr.com/26/56141137_148c7bdf00.jpg?v=0

i was wondering if i could go wireless with my
wallstreet, it can't be that slow can it? i only want
to use it for email. and where can i get these parts
online? i live in a college town with no apple or
apple related stores for miles.

Up to a year ago I had been using a WallStreet as my main machine. It had a 40Gb drive, 256 Mb RAM, SkyLine wireless card, USB card and was running Mac OS X.2.8. It works pretty well. My daughter is still using it.

<http://www.macsales.com> is a good source for the RAM and HD. There are various wireless cards you can use such as Orinoco Silver or Gold (not the CardBus models though), Farallon Skyline, Lucent, and others. You might try <http:// www.froogle.com>.

I used a Skyline as it has a thin antenna which fits under the USB card. Yes the Wallstreet is slow but it is definitely serviceable.

i tried looking in the archives, as i am sure this has
been asked before but i don't see an archives page on
the main.. any feedback is appreciated.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA