In a message dated 10/30/05 5:09:02 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Not really a G-book but close.....
>My sister has just come across a 200 Mhz  3400 with 80 Mb RAM and a 2
>Gb hard drive.
>She wants to do word processing, e-mail (with wireless card),  light
>web browsing and music downloading.
>I suggested that music downloading wouldn't make sense with such a
>small hard drive but that the other tasks should be possible.
>I have a YDI diamond 802.11b card that works in a wallstreet or Lombard
>with the stock Apple Airport extensions. Not sure if it will work with
>the airport extensions in OS 8.6.

It should; if you can find the original software -- online or on a disc --
see if a Mac version is offered.

If not, find out the chipset of the card. Most (if not all) 802.11b cards
that can be used by Airport are Orinoco chipset cards, so some maker's orinoco
software should work. I am not sure Airport can work on any OS prior to 9.x,
but
I may be mistaken.

Ivy