>I just bought a Seagate Momentus 40 gig 5400 RPM/8 MB cache from
>Macgurus and it works fine on my Lombard.

Good to know.

So far, late Hitachi/IBMs, late Toshibas, and all Samsungs are known not
to work with Lombards and Pismos, even if these very drives will work in
PBs earlier than Lombards (Wallstreets, e.g.), and in PBs later than
Pismos (although I haven't specifically tested any of these).

I have thus far restricted my purchases to Hitachi/IBM 5K80s, but should
these become completely unavailable ... and their availability IS
becoming chancy at best ... I will likely switch to Seagate 2.5" drives.

I have found Seagate's UATA/100 3.5" 7200 rpm drives (Barracudas) and its
LVD/SE SCSI 3.5" 10000 rpm drives (Cheetahs) to be nearly bullet-proof.

Seagate's entry into the 2.5" form factor drive market has been
relatively recent.