Used to happen a lot on my Comcast mail account, but it hasn't cropped up for a few weeks now. I always found that if I reset my DHCP addresses by shutting down everything from the cable modem to my eyeballs it cleared up. I also tried deleting some of the keychain passwords but that didn't seem to provide a permanent fix.

So is everyone who suffers from this mailzheimers syndrome running on a home network with some kind of DHCP router? Mine is a wireless/ wired LAN with four Macs on it. I suspect networking gremlins if all the sufferers are on networks.

John