On Nov 7, 2005, at 3:18 PM, John Siple wrote:

Used to happen a lot on my Comcast mail account, but it hasn't cropped up for a few weeks now. I always found that if I reset my DHCP addresses by shutting down everything from the cable modem to my eyeballs it cleared up.

I never have to do anything that drastic - mail download always works fine the next time it tries.

Happens very occasionally, mail download via POP, can be to either my spamcop.net or mac.com address (sometimes both at the same time, but usually not). I always figured it was a timeout at the POP server end.

Anne