on 11/21/05 4:56 AM, Luis Sequeira at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> BTV Pro
http://www.bensoftware.com/btvpro.html

wow ,I love to see so many mice.  It looks like a doable program...and for
$40!

Thanks Luis! Fabian, Laurent and Brian!  I think if I hold my mouth just
right I might be able to workclaymation in some kind of gizmo set up.

so...how do I get the video into my macs?

I was under the impression I needed firewire to get the video into the Mac.
Which didn't make sense to me, as I am sure my mac was the top of the heap
at least for a moment, before firewire. Granted firewire is better...but as
an art teacher I still use pencil and paper too.

I was just about to ask this question...  to do clay animation what is the
lowend cheapo mac machine of choice...something the guys over on Swap list
might  have in thier  lonely used mac room .  I have a  wee budget for this
28 student (jrs & srs) art class Commercial Art 1 & 2.

While I would love to do state of the art,
---1. I my self am stuck in G3 tech, and
--- 2. The older programs are basic...and I believe easier to "get" in a
semester and have a handsome product.

 If they choose to go into graphics in college their basic knowledge can be
easily upgraded to "O wow" status as soon as they get their hands on the
latest and greatest software at the college of their choice.

I appreciate all the thinking for this project...
I will be setting up the  graphics dept over Christmas break...I just hope I
have enough cables gizmos, storage and memory.

 ...but that's another post.  =8- 0
Kristina