On Nov 21, 2005, at 8:30 PM, G-Books wrote:

Hi all,

Laurent has an excellent point... using iMovie with a digital picture
in OS 9 (and in OS X for that matter) will produce 5 second clips of
the still. It's about 149 frames too much stuff, but you can split
the clip and delete the extra 4:29 (sec:frames) to get a single
frame. Of course, doing this 300 times for a 10 second movie would
get a bit tedious... ;)

I did this summer before last with some second and third graders and
it went great.

smiles,
Jamie

If a digital still camera is used, then I suppose the easiest way to turn a bunch of pictures into a movie is perhaps the great GraphicConverter. Using its Convert&Modify command one can do it in a snap, while also, if needed, applying all sorts of modifications to the images. It can also run from at least System 7 up until 10.4.3. And, best of all, it may already be there in your Mac (it has come bundled with several macs for years); if not, then the shareware fee is quite reasonable.

Luis Sequeira