From: Clark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Nov 29, 2005 3:58 PM
To: G-Books <G-Books@mail.maclaunch.com>
Subject: Re: disc drawer died on eMac

Not sure if this is low-end Mac, but one of the Macs I use is an
eMac, now with a broken disc drawer. I pushed the eject button on
the keyboard, but there was a card in the way and it sort of stopped
the tray from coming out, and then it wouldn't go out or in. You can
move it manually, but the eject button doesn't do anything now. I
restarted and all that, to no avail. Suggestions?

It's possible there is overload protection on that motor.  Try doing
a shutdown, wait 5-10 minutes then start up again.

--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA