At 9:43 PM -0600 12/8/05, James Sanderson wrote:
Worse yet, in my school district Macs are remembered by either the still working but unused Apple ][ e (there is one still in the Library) or one working LCIII.

In our school district it's all Mac except for some servers at the District Office. My daughter's school is almost all iMac running OS X.2 (moving to Panther soon). The DO won't allow windows machines to be connected. And fortunately, so far, any move to "standardize" on Windows has been killed, quickly. AFAIK all the schools are all or mostly Power Macs. There is a plan to be all OS X but no real timetable since money is tight.