I don't see how the USB2 card can work on a Pismo other than at USB1 speeds
since your PC slot is not as fast as USB2.

Tom

On 12/31/05 10:33 PM, "kaldav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Advice please-
Following this thread re usb2 on a Pismo which only has usb1, could
anyone please clarify whether buying this Belkin pcmcia usb2 card
will enable me to have usb2 on the Pismo? Could I then buy an ipod
video 5th generation, if I can use the Belkin AC adapter to charge
the iPod through its usb2 cable?
Thanks.

Actually, it SHOULD WORK. The Cardbus card in the Pismo is more than fast enough for that. I happen to have used a similar card with my Wallstreet and it worked great. I don't have an iPod, but I can say that file transfer to and from a usb2 pen drive were really much faster than usb1 (using the built-in usb ports of my TiBook), so yes it is expected to work great on a Pismo.

Luis Sequeira