On Jan 1, 2006, at 6:25 PM, Lists wrote:

This makes a total of 5 completely unrelated Subjects: covered by the same thread, where people just changed the Subject: line instead of starting a new thread by clicking NEW.

I'm sorry, what are you whinging about? Every one of the posts in this thread had something to do with Tom's problem with the CompUSA wireless card.

Tom, try the IOXpert drivers, you can use them on a trial basis to see if the card works with them.

I installed the drivers, but that didnt seem to do anything.

Alternatively, poke around at the Windows drivers provided on the disk that came with it. There's an .INF file that's in the install directories for Windows that will open in a text editor, and may contain the manufacturer identification.

--
Bruce Johnson

When opened the net8185.inf file with text edit, it says the provider is Realtek. A trip to www.realtek.com.tw indicates they have they have a PCMCIA wireless card "8185" :

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?lineid=2002111&famid=2004112&series=All&Software=True

It says its for 10.4, but I only have 10.3.9 on my lombard. I installed anyway but when I try and run the wireless utility it tells me there is no wireless LAN card installed. It might be you have to have 10.4 on the machine.

At no point am I getting any lights on the card so it is possible its a bum card. The fact that Realtek has a mac driver is encouraging though.

Mad Dog