no it will be just like your boot drive like you have it running right now all the custom stuff and all the Apps that you have put on it you can do this with any drive that you want to backup.I do this all the time when I put in New drive I use the old drive as source and the new drive as the destination drive and it can be firewire drive if need be or USB drive

Michael & Sharon  Vogt <><