...... Original Message .......
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 06:13:49 -0700 "R Michael Vogt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>I look at superDuper  and I have used Carbon Cloner. Bu If you are
>using Tiger There is better and faster way  All you have to do is go
>into Utilities  then go to Restore drag the source disk to the first
>blank then destaion to second blank  then hit restore and it will
>make duplicate of your start drive

(This is entirely unrelated to the question I asked, which was explicitly
asking how to boot off a Firewire drive.  So I forked the thread by
changing Subject line.)

The fatal flaw to your plan is that it requires me doing all that.
Manually.

Manual backs are almost always out of date.  (yes, to the 3 of you who do
manual backups regularly, your discipline is impressive, but most of us
fail to meet your level of existance).  SuperDuper automatically updates
*just the changed files* every night at 3:30a.m.  All I have to do is make
sure the FW drive is attached.

That was worth the $30 to me.

TjL