Dan  -

I have suffered this exact issue on my Pismo.  Haven't figured out how
to fix it either  - my next stop?  Start from scratch.  Also - I
believe my battery doesn't last as long under Tiger.. but that is just
a sense.

Please let me know if you remedy this - I'd be very interested to
learn what you find out.

thanks and good luck!
--Van