Hi Amber,

I don't know if this will work, but using one of the sound recording applications, I wonder if by hooking up the phone jacks from your book to the outgoing jack of the answering machine, then playing msg, would transmit the voice msg to your book with Recording On? I have not tried this and I don't believe there is any way to hurt any components anyhow, but it might be worth trying. After all, sound does travel through the phone lines and your computer modem is designed to understand these signals. May need to turn off DSL (if equipped) and turn on modem in Network Prefs. Could require a few different tries using different settings. Just an idea, no guarantees.

Dave

I would appreciate some suggestions on how to do the following:

I am canceling my regular phone service to have the digital phone service installed this weekend. I have a couple of important messages that I HAVE to save from my voicemail and I am wondering how to do it.

I tried using the speakerphone to play the messages and then my iPod (with iTalk attachment) to record it but the sound quality is abysmal. So, I am wondering if anybody could possibly offer some recommendations ?

Thanks,

Amber