I have been using the Treo 650 since last fall with my iBook G4 (12.1"/1.33
GHz) as well as my Thinkpad T42 from work.  I use Palm Desktop for syncing
on both units, with the Outlook conduit on the Thinkpad and the iSync
conduit on the iBook.

To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed with the iSync connection;
iCal, for example, lets you create multiple calendars for different
categories of events - i.e. Business, Personal - and the Palm Desktop
conduit doen't separate calendar items by category.  Of course, there's no
iTunes sync either.  Apparently, The Missing Sync does both of these things
and more; I just haven't had a chance to try it out...

Bluetooth sync does work, but it's S-L-O-W.  Faster than IR sync, but still
painful compared to the USB cable.

I (personally) recommend getting one of the USB charge/sync cables; that
way, you can leave the Treo's charger behind.  My iBook leaves power on to
the USB ports when it's asleep/closed and on wall power, so you can charge
your phone while you charge your laptop...