[EMAIL PROTECTED] said recently:

>> I read that one should always plug in the power brick before connecting
>> power lead to the Book.
>
> I've never heard of that.  But I can see where it would make sense:
> The brick is a power sink, that could suck a bit off the battery
> before you power it up.

I think the potential issue is that the power adaptor take some moments of
time to stabilise it output (?) I skimmed a whole load of www.macintouch.com
Powerbook reports and I think it was in there.

I bet most folk just plug it any how - but then I read of System admins at
schools etc commenting on the high failure rates of the power adaptors and
wonder how important it really is.

Thought I'd sound out and find either some tech info or user accounts of
problems etc

all the best
Brian