Beniamino Cenci Goga writes:
I lost one of the rubber feet to my Al Powerbook. The Applestore I went to says it is not covered by AppleCare and want $7 for a piece of rubber about the size of a bug pie. Anyone have good luck improvising a foot for a Powerbook? What did you use?

#1_ go to an apple store and ask if you can remove one from a demo unit (;-)

That's actually not a bad idea. If you're a frequent customer (or at least a friendly one), some stores will be inclined to just spot you some of the simple things here and there. Back when I worked at this tech outfit a few years ago, my tower was tipping side to side. Apparently /two/ of the feet had come off. I explained to my VP that "I need to place an order to overhaul the LRF Support on my machine." He OK'd it without a second thought. When the envelope arrived from Staples a couple of days later, he asked "what's in that?" "The LRF Support," I replied, knowing he was about to smack his forehead. "But, those are... <smacks forehead> Little... Rubber... Feet. I can't believe I just bought those for you -- keep up the good work!"

A.J.