Amber...

Not only does your "local Apple authorized repair center" dude exhibit a
cavalier attitude toward his customer (especially one who comes in with
AppleCare to deal with an issue with a covered computer, which, of course,
covers him entirely and insures that he is paid what he has contracted to be
paid), but he also just does not "get" Apple.  Regardless of his heresy, "well,
it's not  exactly a priority for me to fix it if they just don't light up,"
he's
smoking the drapes when he asks an Apple user, "..does it really matter?"  Duh.

You'd better believe it matters.

It mattered to Apple, who designed it.

It mattered to me when I bought it.

And, it matters to me, now that it doesn't work.  If it don't light up, it
ain't
working, doofus!

I think you need to call AppleCare and blow the whistle on this idiot.  If it
is
a new keyboard and it isn't lit, the problem is not with the keyboard, now is
it?  Tell me, does a failing power supply or a failing power board--or
whatever--I say, does THAT matter?  He's already "fixed" it once; he is duty
bound to figure out your problem in short order.  If he has not figured out the
problem and has tried to return to you a still-defective machine to you as
though it is repaired, he is being paid by AppleCare for something he did not
fix.

That, dear Amber, is fraud.  If he's done that to you, he has done it to
hundreds of others.

rb