On 11-Feb-06, at 6:28 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yell bloody murder! It isn't up to the tech to decide whether or not the feature is important. Apple provides it, touts it. I'd do three things: 1) move up the chain at that store - complain to the service manager, manager and owner. Demand that it be fixed properly. 2) report the matter to Apple's customer service. 3) if you don't get satisfaction move to another dealer

david

Hi David,

Thanks - I spent a couple hours on the phone with Apple on Saturday - very frustrating but it eventually got sorted out.

I am definitely going to be speaking to the Manager at the store tomorrow too. It seems this service tech is the only one who works in the service department so there is nobody there above him. He reports to the store manager.

I do not want this service tech working on my Powerbook any further though given what has transpired thus far. I just don't trust him with it anymore. I am going to take it to another service provider that Apple has already talked to. The store called me after Apple talked to them and informed me that they will make arrangements to have it fixed. We'll see how it goes.

Amber