Subject: [G] Was: Internet Explorer Question

On 20-02-2006 21:32, Bruce Johnson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], wrote:

Interesting, I've not seen this behavior before. Could you point me
to one? I'd like to see the technique, if nothing else.

 I met a nice exemple. Goto:
<http://www.teylersmuseum.nl/index_flash.html>

When I got to a still pic (we were talking "still pics"), I had no trouble drag/dropping and opening in Preview. I tried a pic called Img.db.jpeg.

There are a few tricks that websites can do to make it harder to get their pics (this does not seem to be one on my test?). But they usually can be defeated quickly by experienced users. And then there is Screen Capture, the blunderbus that defeats most, if not all, fancy attempts at stopping folks getting pics that actually appear on web pages. The only thing that could limit the captured quality is a not big enough screen. And still, it is then still easy enough. You scroll and snap and simply joint the pics into one. But all this is very theoretical because if it did not fit on your screen it would be good for printing. If it was big enough for a quality print, a web designer jealous of his pic would hardly make it available by specifying a smaller pixel size for it to appear. But if he did, and he was able to defeat drag/drop, it would not be that hard to dive into the code and change the pixel size and some base url for the page and run it on a browser...

I am not saying there could not be very sophisticated things that would stop folks, but they would likely have to address the platform system or something?

David Elmo