What I sent was a live link, obviously the link works in Bill's reply but didn't in Elmo's. It was short enough to send on my end that it shouldn't break so not sure why it did for you David.

Anyway, I sent it as an example of the type of page I have archived. Note however it has a date of 2000 on top, whereas my archived ones (using same url) have 1994 aerials. For my needs, having both for comparison of river changes is the basis for my task.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx? T=1&S=11&Z=10&X=1280&Y=12195&W=3

I did discover another little problem though, Safari doesn't allow dragging of any of the image to desktop like IE does allow a single tile. So if you try to understand what I mean by 'Tiles', you have to go to page using IE and not Safari (and possibly other browsers).

When you talk of 50 tiles, it sounds very much to me you are looking at a pic made up of slices of smaller pics. Clicking on them, at least on the original site, you would then go another "enlarged" pic which might itself be made up of slices (many pics side by side, top by bottom, chess board fashion. If you made the archive prooperly in the first place, ie, ticked the appropriate save "x links deep", and it all worked, you will have the best res. But if you did not, then all you have is the 50 little pics, you might as well scren shot them alltogether on a big screen. You can tell if you have them archived right re enlargements; are the individual 50 pics links in abig image- map? Does the cursor become a hand? Can you click and go to an enlargement? All this must be off line.
Not into converting individual tiles from 20 different pages... so Screen Cap will be sufficient.

A very worthwhile aspect of IE for archiving was that it keeps the original url in the address line. Having this is invaluable. Safari places the address of where it resides on the hard drive. A completely useless feature. If I am able to locate it within the expected folders, what good is the drive location in the url? I usually want to know the original source location of the archive on the web so I can go back to the original if needed. Sometimes a completely impossible task with Safari that usually requires Googling with an entire sentence in quotes, and that only provides occasional success. So while that url above is the url of my IE archive, it is also the url of the original page, although they use an updated 2000 aerial.

The wayback machine is pretty cool but no unfortunately it doesn't work for these. I'll bookmark it though for future use...

You want to get the pics from an IE archived website that is sitting on your computer offline? Is this right?
Correct, so yes the best method I may have us to use screen capture at the full size of the page for best resolution. Then work the magic with photoshop.

Going back to the main question of my original post was whether or not IE would run successfully on Tiger? That question has been answered although I suppose a few minor app crashes may occur, I can now open the IE archived pages I need. Primary Goal Successful.

Thnx,

Dave