On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Simon Royal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi. While tieing Apple OS to Apple hardware can seem a pain, it does mean
> they oversea all hardware combinations.
>
> If they start shipping OSX for PC then it will end like Windows and require
> third party drivers that conflict and need updating.
>
> In the years I have had Macs I have only needed third party drivers for a
> couple of items.
>
> I like sitting in front of my beautifully designed computer adorned with
> Apple logos.
>
> Don't get me wrong the OS is what makes us Mac users, but I don't think I
> would feel quite the same sitting in from of a Dell with OSX installed.

________________________________

Pardon the bottom post Simon old LEM habits , once hard won, are hard to break.

Unless Apple insists on it, it would not have to be OS X, but as I
have proposed all along for months now it would be an Apple PC OS.

I put an Apple sticker from my iPod on My year old HP. With the HP in
the "bite".
Still needs an Amiga Boingball though. Maybe someday even a penguin
will be there too. I may end my standoff  with that also.

Serious work requires serious tools.  Tools are tools, just as we
agreed on older Macs
There are reasons for these things Simon. Needs that go beyond OS favoritism.

And as far as driver concerns go, using the same config specs that are
reasonable for Vista is sufficient. Peter has already addressed these
concerns too.

Adrian