On Sep 6, 2008, at 9:49 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When you burn a DVD -R-W:
>
> 1. Can you delete stuff you have burned on it? Or is it there forever?

Not normally. There are two kinds of discs. The first kind is write
once, these are the normal type. There are several sub-types of write
once discs, the most common called DVD+R and DVD-R. There is also a
much less common type that you can rewrite or erase many times, but
much less than 1,000 times total. These discs are designated DVD-RW.

> 2. Can you amend files and text on the DVD?

Not normally unless you're using DVD-RW media.

> 3. Should I put a variety of programs on a DVD (such as games,
> utilities, downloaded/bought software) or stick to one kind?

Use all the space if possible if it's only a write once DVD. They hold
about 4.3 GB or so. There are also dual-layer DVDs that hold twice
that amount. I think there are also dual layer RW rewritable discs,
but again, very rare, and likely very expensive?