Jane...

On Sep 6, 2008, at 7:49 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> When you burn a DVD -R-W:
>
> 1. Can you delete stuff you have burned on it? Or is it there forever?

If you are talking about an RW disc, yeah you can erase it and start
over. AFAIK, this is an all or nothing deal. You can't remove files
individually.

> 2. Can you amend files and text on the DVD?

Once you close the burning session, the disc can't be written to
unless you erase it again. If you were to burn a single 2 KB text file
to the disc, it would read as having no free space.

> 3. Should I put a variety of programs on a DVD (such as games,
> utilities, downloaded/bought software) or stick to one kind?

Not sure if it would matter what the mix of files would be. I have
many discs and some are all video or all text files. Then again, I
have some that are  a hodge podge of stuff. I imagine that some sort
of organization/system would work out better, but then what would I do
on weekends if didn't have to look through dozens of CD's or DVD's for
a certain file??? ;->

HTH,

Amanda