On Oct 12, 2008, at 1:46 PM, RediG3-5 wrote:

> We just purchased a "NOC"  (I guess that's an "N")  2219S-1  from
> Circuit City.
> It measure 12" h x 19" w  and diagonal 23". My wife likes it as it's a
> big improvement over here iBook screen.
>
> But those proportions seem like they are made for HD TV. The images
> are elongated and I can't figure how to set it for correction.

This is on you're wife's iBook? A 22" monitor is 1440x900; your 23
will be similar, but the iBook by default will stretch the image to
match the main screen, since by default an iBook will only mirror the
main screen, so you're seeing 1024x768 stretched to fit.

Go here and get <http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html> his
software to let you extend the desktop, then you'll be able to choose
the correct display resolution.
--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona