> Well .. I tool the plunge (or stick pin) and changed my Yikes! G4/400
> to a G4/450.
>
> Still testing, but seems smooth thus far.
>
> Man ... those jumpers are tiny! and at first, it didn't work ... had
> to go back in and adjust the jumper so it would match the others more
> closely ... needed to "move" the center part about the width of 1/2 a
> stick pin diameter ... also had to use the PCI Graphics won't power
> up technique of getting it all going again ...

Bill, you got my interest.

Could you elaborate on the jumper problem and the solution. Also what "PCI
Graphics won't power
up technique" are you referring to.

The reason I ask is a failed attempt of trying to install a G4 "Yikes"
processor in a G3 B&W a year or so ago. I know the "Yikes" board and the
Yosemite board are basically the same. I was attempting to over clocking the
new "Yikes" processor from 400 to 450 Mhz on the Yosemite board.

I did the firmware and the cache enabler upgraded needed to have the B&W
recognize the G4 processor and was aware of the jumper settings needed to run
the newer faster processor. However, the results were spotty. Either I got no
boot or chime with the proper jumper settings or it would run only sometimes
with the old jumper block as a lower clock speed. I just assumed the G4 Zip was
defective.

Now from your post, I 'm thinking the jumper shunts I used may not have been
connecting properly.

No rush on reply, the B & W in question is now in storage -- but if I ever get
the time (hopefully in the next year or so) I may try it again. TIA --glen