Ways to clean up old Macs, environmentally.
1 way to clean up an old Mac is to recycle a CRT monitor, and buy an
LCD, especially a LED backed LCD.
another way to do it is to upgrade to new/newer environmentally clean
Macs.
or at replace components with environmentally cleaner ones.
for those who knows how to tinker with older Macs and it's hardware,
and have G3 iMacs, or eMacs. you could gut the CRT and re-finish the
Mac with an LCD display, just make sure the LCD matches the size of
the CRT you're replacing.

for my iMac G3 400, I knock off 20 Lbs & most lead by using a 13" LCD
in place of 13" CRT.