1- Assuming that what you say is correct - I. E. you must install the jumper to
a CS setting  then why not try removing your master HD, change the jumper to a
CS setting, jumper your new HD to master and reinstall both in the proper
position on the flat cable.

or

2- Assume that you can use the master/slave setup with your jumpers, then
remove the master, set the jumper (or remove the jumper) to convert the HD to
slave, set the jumper on the new HD to master, and reinstall both in the proper
position on the flat cable.

For either setting, when you boot up, hold down the option key and when the
arrow comes up select the HD that has OS X installed and click on the arrow to
boot from that drive.

Then use disk utility to check both HDs and correct permissions on the HD that
was your master. After that process, employ CCC to do a back up on the new
drive.

Upon completion, do a restart boot, hold down ht eoption key and dselect the
new drive whch should be your master.  If you you boot up successfuly then go
to Systems Preferences and select that HD as your boot drive.

I hope that works for you.

Mel